Friday, September 10, 2010

This is a placeholder until someone with talent arrives.

With the recent announcement of Gearbox purchasing all things Nukem and subsequently deciding to finish Duke Nukem Forever, I thought now would be a great time to talk about shooters. First Person Shooters. They're all I can think about now. One of my teenage dreams was to one day throw pipe bombs and ride subway cars in full 3D with the glory of the Quake 2 engine to back it all up. Well that'll never happen but Unreal Engine 2.5 is good enough, I suppose. I doubt it'll have all that awesome coloured lighting though :(

Since I have a sizable collection of Eff Pee Esses's I thought it'd be good to go through them and highlight what they did for me as a game enthusiast and general fat lazy slob, starting from the beginning before I hit the twenty-year speed bump and became this eating machine. I blame George Broussard.

Stay tuned for some really spergy trips through gaming history.

No comments:

Post a Comment